UNDER THE SEA CORAL CUPS
These healthy snacks are sure to excite all the little mermaids and mermen out there with a burst of color. Inspired by the beautiful scenery in Ariel’s world, these Under the Sea Coral Cups combine fresh carrots and peppers with homemade hummus. So, when your little swimmers return to be part of our world, offer them this delicious treat!
PREP & ASSEMBLY TIME: 20 MIN
COOKING TIME: NONE
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 4 bell peppers in different colors (green, yellow, red or orange)
- 6 medium carrots, peeled
- 1 can chickpeas (15-19 ounces), drained and rinsed
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp tahini
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1⁄2 tsp sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Cut bell peppers and carrots into strips. Set aside.
- Put all the ingredients for the hummus in a blender; process until smooth. Add 1 tbsp of warm water at a time until desired consistency.
- Divide the hummus evenly into cups or mason jars. Stick the veggies into the hummus with the ends coming out like a colorful sunburst or blooming flower.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
The Disney Check is a quick and easy way to identify healthier food options. The Disney Check can be found in stores, online, on-air, at Disney themes parks, and other places where Disney products are sold. To learn more, visit DisneyCheck.com.