MICKEY’S CELEBRATION FLATBREAD
It’s a party with Mickey’s Celebration Flatbread! This yummy mix of homemade hummus, raisins, figs and cheese on a bed of whole wheat dough in the shape of Disney On Ice Mouster of Ceremonies is sure to liven up pizza night. So, gather the family for a treat celebrating Mickey Mouse!
PREP & ASSEMBLY TIME: 1 HR 15 MIN
COOK & TIME: 15-20 MIN
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 10 oz whole-wheat pizza dough
- 1 tbsp flour, for dusting
- Toppings: 1/2 cup low fat Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 figs, sliced
- 2 tbsp golden raisins
- 1/4 cup black raisins
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- Hummus: 14 ounces garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat your oven to 400° F.
- On a cutting board dusted with flour, cut dough into 3 pieces and stretch out into circles. Two circles should be slightly smaller than the other one.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet and connect the 3 so they make the shape of Mickey Mouse ears.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 8-12 minutes, or until crispy and light brown. Remove the flatbreads and allow to cool.
- For the hummus: in a food processor add garbanzo beans, tahini, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, salt and pepper. Process until smooth and creamy. If it’s a little thick, add some water.
- On the prebaked flatbread, spread hummus evenly. Place the black raisins around the outside edges and fill the interior with sliced figs and golden raisins.
- Top with cheese and place back in oven for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove, garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Figs and raisins can be replaced with cherry tomatoes, olives and spinach.
The Disney Check is a quick and easy way to identify healthier food options. The Disney Check can be found in stores, online, on-air, at Disney themes parks, and other places where Disney products are sold. To learn more, visit DisneyCheck.com.